Unbelievable! It's been almost three months since I last posted. I really have no idea where the time went or what I've been doing that kept me from blogging. I suppose I just have not recently been bitten by the gadfly. But it's time to get back in the saddle! I started writing a blog post today for Ruminate Magazine's Editor's Column blog (which will be - shameless promotion - posted tomorrow, March 18!) after realizing last night, having finished my third self-help books about kids (kids haven't been that bad but I had a New Year's goal to learn more about boys and sibling rivalry, got on a roll, and amazingly actually finished three books - usually I get half way through one self-help/non-fiction book and start something fictitious) that I am ready - oh, so ready - for fiction and for beautiful words.Perhaps, as I close that third book, I am also ready to get back to writing and the creative process. Or perhaps, as I have sometimes feared, in a time of joy, I am less creatively productive. In the last two months, I have recaptured a huge haul of happiness - having more fun in life in my activities, feeling the lightness of life, having fun with my kids, taking things a day at a time (for the most part). A co-worker stopped by my office this morning on her way to the third floor just to say hi, and how much I could feel her kindness and, to use a Boulder term, light.
Critical life events have certainly lessened for me, and, as well, as the fear (though, the reality has held off - even though Michael is still at half time, his slots for private practice keep filling with new clients) of the economic times threatens to creep into the nooks and cranny of my life, I have been able to respond by going back to basics, the basics of what makes my life good and joyful. Harper putting stickers on her leg. Asher inventing a new climbing and jumping game on the dining room table. Walking the dozen brown soccer fields at Sandstone Park. Pilates. A meal with Michael. A home cooked meal with all four of us at the table. Nature, relationships, physical health . . .
1 comment:
I am so happy for you. After last year, a time for joy is certainly warranted.
Post a Comment