While I lament the fact that I don't make a whole lot of money at my job (or have any kind of retirement plan and pitiful contribution towards health insurance) and that I'm not saving the world (because, after all, that's the reason behind the huge student loan for graduate school), I do have the kind of job where- I can make my own schedule (as long as I get my work done and keep having success with shaking my money maker, i.e. fingers on the keyboard) such that
- I can take a day off pretty much whenever I want, like tomorrow, with two days notice and then
- I can do some work outside in my backyard, in the sunshine, with Michael next to me on his computer after running to the hardware store for fun colored resin (as the lady at Lowe's corrected me) Adirondack chairs
- barefoot
- and with a beer.
That has to count for something . . . at least in the meantime (I do feel a little spoiled while also panicking at the thought of my non-existent retirement).
3 comments:
Yeah! To sunshine, Adirondack chairs and working because it needs to be done, not because it is 8am.
I wish I were a billionaire, but failing that, I will take skiing on Thursdays and working in my pajamas.
I will have to quote you on that!
Lovely, lovely, lovely. My job doesn't pay a dime toward retirement. In fact, I think it will require me to still pay money into the system when I'm retired. Damn, damn, damn.
Love the new look. So stylin'!
Post a Comment