Before winter set in, I was pretty good about getting out to run two or three times a week in the evening after Michael got home. Timing was more difficult with the shorter days, but I found something new in January to get me through - home workouts, both on television and from Self magazine (which my sister, Clare, got me for fun - and it is great girly fun). I am totally hooked! I started out with half hour Pilates and Yoga two or three times a week, and then with the March issue of Self, tore out the eight Self Challenge 2009 exercises in the handy dandy flashcards and did those twice a week. The most encouraging thing is that I could actually feel and see a difference in my muscle strength (plus, I could do them inside, whenever, watching television or when the kids were up in about 20 minutes). I just started the April issue exercises, adding in an exercise band and dumbbells as described and think I'll stick with it, even though the prescribed series is to be done two times each time twice a week. I have to admit that I feel a little dorky doing the home workouts, but, hey, they work, and I get a little exercise high. Gotta do what you gotta do.
Sunday, March 29, 2009
Dorky Home Workouts
Before winter set in, I was pretty good about getting out to run two or three times a week in the evening after Michael got home. Timing was more difficult with the shorter days, but I found something new in January to get me through - home workouts, both on television and from Self magazine (which my sister, Clare, got me for fun - and it is great girly fun). I am totally hooked! I started out with half hour Pilates and Yoga two or three times a week, and then with the March issue of Self, tore out the eight Self Challenge 2009 exercises in the handy dandy flashcards and did those twice a week. The most encouraging thing is that I could actually feel and see a difference in my muscle strength (plus, I could do them inside, whenever, watching television or when the kids were up in about 20 minutes). I just started the April issue exercises, adding in an exercise band and dumbbells as described and think I'll stick with it, even though the prescribed series is to be done two times each time twice a week. I have to admit that I feel a little dorky doing the home workouts, but, hey, they work, and I get a little exercise high. Gotta do what you gotta do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm a big fan of dorky home workouts - no one can see just how dorky I look! And, as a bonus, my kids get into it and get excited about exercise. Always a good thing!
Post a Comment