Yesterday, I drove up to ski for my second (yes, second - quite inspired by the first) ski day in Colorado. It was an absolutely lovely day, 50 degree weather on the mountain, clear, blue skies, a view of the mountains upon mountains, not so many people on the slopes that I couldn't get some good runs in. I was by myself and enjoyed taking advantage of the singles line for the lift. I left the mountains at around 2:30 and hit traffic as I drove through the canyon of Highway 6 between Golden and Boulder because there were so many people out enjoying the weather - hiking, climbing, motorcycle riding, walking dogs. I still had my ski pants on as I got out of the car in 80 degree weather and returned my skis at the rental store. An hour or so later, I was enjoying a pint of beer at Lefthand Brewery, outside, in my jeans, t-shirt and flip-flops. As the weather cooled, I put on my fleece jacket and was warm again. This morning, we woke up to a dusting of snow, wind and 30 degree temperatures. At church, I talked to a friend about finding a day to go snowshoeing. Ahhh . . . quite the consummate Colorado weekend!
Sunday, March 2, 2008
Colorado Weekend
Yesterday, I drove up to ski for my second (yes, second - quite inspired by the first) ski day in Colorado. It was an absolutely lovely day, 50 degree weather on the mountain, clear, blue skies, a view of the mountains upon mountains, not so many people on the slopes that I couldn't get some good runs in. I was by myself and enjoyed taking advantage of the singles line for the lift. I left the mountains at around 2:30 and hit traffic as I drove through the canyon of Highway 6 between Golden and Boulder because there were so many people out enjoying the weather - hiking, climbing, motorcycle riding, walking dogs. I still had my ski pants on as I got out of the car in 80 degree weather and returned my skis at the rental store. An hour or so later, I was enjoying a pint of beer at Lefthand Brewery, outside, in my jeans, t-shirt and flip-flops. As the weather cooled, I put on my fleece jacket and was warm again. This morning, we woke up to a dusting of snow, wind and 30 degree temperatures. At church, I talked to a friend about finding a day to go snowshoeing. Ahhh . . . quite the consummate Colorado weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment