Wednesday, April 4, 2007

What day is it?

So for the past few weeks, I have had a lot of trouble remembering what day it is. I may have mentioned earlier that I also can't automatically remember what season it is. Yesterday was no exception. It was Tuesday, and it felt a whole lot like a weekend day (which is kind of nice until I realize it's really only Tuesday). Part of this is all the stuff going on in my life, major life changes that have been nicely slingshotted at me without warning. Part of this, I'm thinking today, is that it's a result of everything being really mixed up. It is as if God took the ingredients of my life, which looked like some really good cake, tore them apart and is busy reconfiguring them. Everything is stirred up, so that, like today, it should be no surprise that first I cry because a close friend gets a scary call from her doctor and has to have more tests done for a serious and mysterious possible infection and then, at the same time I'm getting her text about the visit, I'm crying while watching a video online of a friend's beautiful baby boy being introduced to his family. There is something in me that craves simplicity, that craves a view of my life tree where I can see the tree, rather than being in the midst of all these shaking and blowing leaves on some unfamiliar branch.

No comments: